Week 49

Kia Ora Whanau!

This week we did lots of missionary things. 

Things of note include having lunch with a part member family and having a really good conversation with them about the gospel. I dont think I will ever see any immediate results from teaching this family, but we are planting some really great seeds and I know one day they will result in something miraculous. Something funny that happened while we were with them is I noticed their pool and I brought up how I'm a lifeguard at home and I manage a pool which they got really excited about. They asked if I knew how to vacuum pools and I was like "well ya that's pretty basic." So we set a time for us to come back this week so that I can vacuum their pool for them hahaha. I would have never guessed that my pool skills would be of any use to me while I'm on my mission. 

Wednesday night we had a really good meal/lesson with another part member family that we are teaching. It was really tender and hopefully helps them to progress. 

On Friday we had a lesson with our new investigator Ann. We talked about heaps of stuff but brought it all back to our Loving Heavenly Father. It is always so special to teach people about their relationship to God because it is the most influential and important information that we could all receive on this life. It governs all things that we do. 

Sunday we had wadd conference and it was really special. It left us with lots of things to think about and hopefully helped members think about their job as missionaries. Sunday night we had dinner with a less active family and as a message we watched the new book of mormon videos! Which by the way are the greatest. It was so cool because as we watched the mood in the room changed as the spirit testified as the importance of the Book of Mormon and the truthfulness of it.

After our dinner we went and saw the Mapusua family that we found last week and had such a great talk with them. They are so humble and prepared to hear the gospel. Their oldest son was home so we got a new person to teach which was a miracle! I love their family and can't wait to see them be blessed by the gospel.

This week my spiritual thought comes from the introduction of the book of mormon. Which says, "the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book...We invite all people everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is His revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the Second Coming of the Messiah." I just know that this promise is true because I've taken the challange and read, pondered and prayed. The answer I received is something I'll treasure forever and somethi that has changed my life. If reading the Book of Mormon seems like too much right now, start with watching the videos, but make sure you pray about it so that your life too can change! 

Ofa Atu 

Sister Olson 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 73

Week 29