Week 8

Kia Ora Whanau

So last Monday after I emailed you all, we went into Wellington to hang out with the Welly missionaries. They told us we were doing a bbq but when we showed up, the plans had changed to sports. I wasn't wearing sports clothes which was annoying but I wasnt going to let that stop me so like the idiot I am I played in my skirt and bare feet. I was all good while we were playing basketball but then we switched to rugby and I slipped on a sweater someone left lying around and hurt my ankle again 😬 but not as bad as last time so we're all good. Dumb though I know. Anyways the most important part of Monday was FHE with the Fata family! It was so awesome! We shared the Light the World videos with them and gave them blank calanders to fill out with ways they can participate in Light The World. After watching the videos we talked about different ways that they can particpate, and right away they suggested "we could have family prayer, over every meal and stuff." It was so awesome. We were able to have them say two prayers and they were so powerful. You could tell that they were really feeling the spirit. I love this family.

Tuesday was a crack up day. We got a call really early from the Zone leaders that Elder Saxton was getting emergency transfered up to Hawkes Bay and so we were all going to meet up during our half hour lunch break and have a goodbye zone lunch. Then while we were at lunch, the AP's called to say that Elder Saxton wasn't getting transferred anymore lolol. It was so funny. Tuesday I also got to meet some former investigators that Sister Petersen had always seen while we were on exchanges so I hadn't met them yet. We met with the Rixons. Sister Rixon is an interesting lady. We talked to her and Brother Rixon about enduring to the end (they are less active) and they didn't seem to get it because they kept talking about what a shame it is when people can't endure to the end, yet they didn't relate it to themselves. Tuesday night we were able to get a less active girl to mutual which was so great. The youth in this ward are so awesome. They showed so much genuine love and care for her. It made me realize I was so bad at fellowshipping back home. Fellowshipping is so important to the success of missionary work. Everyone please fellowship less active members and investigators! It's key.

Wednesday we went into Wellington and we got to go caroling to about 6 different old folks homes. It was so awesome! You could really see their faces light up and the joy that 15 minutes of singing brought them. It was so fun to get share the spirit with people through song. Wednesday night we had our weekly dinner with the Wilsons. It was okay. We shared Light the World with them and invited them to use it to help them take steps to gain a testimony of the restored gospel but we heard from them on Sunday and they are using it to bring them into fellowship of another church. Not what we were hoping but it's all good, we will keep working with them so they can gain strong testimonies. 

On Friday there was a Relief Society Christmas dinner and an investigator and a less active lady showed up which was so exciting! They both seemed to really enjoy it which was awesome. Hopefully it was the beginning of their coming to church! 

Saturday all the missionaries in the zone walked in a Christmas parade and handed out light the world pass a long cards with a candy cane stapled to it. I don't think more pass along cards have ever been handed out before. We gave out around 3000 cards so hopefully someone will follow through and start meeting with the elders. I got pretty sunburnt, along with Sister Petersen, which is kinda annoying but we've got aloe vera gel so we're taking care of it. 

Transfer calls also came on Saturday. I am not getting transferred! I am staying in the Hutt! I fasted and prayed so hard for this so I am so excited. The only sad part is that Sister Petersen is getting transferred. I'm going to miss her so much! I love her heaps. I'm so grateful that I got to be companions with her! I've learned so much from her. My new companion is Sister Jones! She's in my zone so she's just moving areas. But she's so awesome I'm so excited! She's from Boise Idaho and so knowledgeable I'm pumped! 

On Sunday I spoke in church, I wasn't suppose to but the assigned speakers didn't take up enough time so they emergency called on me to speak. I basically just read out President Uchtdorf's December 2017 christmas address. I also spoke in a missionary fireside Sunday night. Sister Petersen and I also emergency taught primary and we taught Relief Society. A lot of less active members were there today which was so exciting to see.  We also had the opportunity to help out at another wards' ministering night. Everyone you need to push to get ministering nights happening where you are because they are so effecive and such a great opportunity for everyone involved.

 
My spiritual thought this week is from a talk that President Monson gave awhile back. He said "He that keepeth [God’s] commandments receiveth truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things." I think that's such an amazing promise, that if we are obedient we will be able to know all things. Personal revelation flows more freely when we are obedient and we can learn everything that the Lord had in store for us. Be obedient everyone, you will be blessed.

This week was busy as, but it was really good. Full of lots of little miracles. It really is the little things that count and build your testimony. Don't disregard the power of small and simple things because we all know "that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" Alma 37:6 
Ofa Atu

Sister Olson 


Our cute little Christmas tree in our flat

me and my Soa, I'm gunna miss her so much

Me and sister Mamea, we'll be leading the ward next transfer - both our companions are getting transfered up to Hawkes Bay

Me and Sister Alves, she's getting transfered down to the south island

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 73

Week 29